Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cue sheet development

Over the course of my ride experience, I have come to particularly enjoy developing my own cue sheets for everything from local rides to interstate tours (haven't tried for parts outside of U.S.). While I would suggest that it is something almost anyone can do, I believe most would rather just be handed the ride plan and go.

I absolutely enjoy using the various on-line mapping tools, researching best bicycle roads, looking at various club website cues and even talking to knowledgeable people to develop cues. Certainly there are plenty of rides cues available on the Internet, but their datenesses and reliability can be suspect. I try to address traffic volume, availbility of shoulders or bikelanes else is it a country road, construction problems , trails to rails option, etc. The final product is usually an excel file accompanied with an on-line link mapping the route.

I have worked with several folks to develop custom cues for their rides. If you are interested in this subject or need this service, please let me know.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment